The Korbinian - Doppelbock

Bocks are one style of beer that really had to 'grow' on me.  I'm not sure exactly what it was about them at first that really didn't appeal to my tastes.  I have this notion of a 'bock taste' that is very hard to put into words.  Maybe it is just the very slight remnants of sulphur from the lagering process?  

The Korbian is a doppelbock which really does not have this 'bock' taste.  If I didn't know better I would easily mistake this beer for a strong brown ale.  Needless to say, the Korbinian is a massive malt bomb.  Extreme complexity in the malt profile.  


The strange thing about this beer is its extremely low carbonation.  It seems too low for the style.  Nevertheless, every beer geek should try this.  I could drink gallons.

No comments:

Post a Comment